Three-function Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) controller for larger systems, providing reliable PWM solar battery charging or load control or diversion regulation. PWM technology controllers are ideal for use in solar energy situations where 36 or 72 cell PV modules are available and the site is unshaded with no physical space limitations. TriStar models incorporate advanced thermal design requiring no cooling fans, which ensures long-term reliability with no moving parts to fail– a unique feature among higher- powered controllers.
- Built for reliability and performance, with an oversized heatsink and over-spec’d components
- More information with LED indicators. Optional meter displays extensive system and controller information in five languages; automatic self-test and reset communications capability with RS-232 port, connects to a PC for custom settings, data logging, remote monitoring and control
- “Speaks” Modbus, and also SNMP (with the optional EMC-1 adaptor) for monitoring and control in network applications
- Extensive electronic protection against reverse polarity, short circuits, overcurrent, and excessive temperature
- Detailed battery programming options allow for advanced battery support for the latest Lithium, Nickel Cadmium, and Lead Acid battery types.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- High Reliability
- Large heat sink 1 and conservative design enables operation at up to 60°C ambient.
- More Power
- Ratings to 60A at 48VDC will handle solar arrays of up to 3.2kW of continuous power.
- Communications Capability
- RS-232 2 connects to a personal computer for custom settings, data logging and remote monitoring and control.
- Fully Adjustable
- DIP switch 3 provides user with a choice of 7 different digital presets and custom settings via RS-232.
- Extensive Electronic Protections
- Fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, high temperature and overvoltage.
- Simple Mechanical Interface
- Larger power terminals 4 and conduit knockouts 5 . Extra space for wire turns. Fits on power panels.
- Better Battery Charging
- Connecting battery sense wires 6 and optional remote temperature sensor 7 will improve control accuracy. Constant voltage series PWM algorithm increases battery capacity and life.
- More Information
- 3 LED’s 8 to indicate status, faults and alarms. Optional meter 9 displays extensive system and controller information, automatic self-test and reset capabilities. Meter connection via RJ-11 phone jack 10 .
- Easy to Reset
- Pushbutton 11 provides manual reset and stop/start battery equalization or load disconnect.
- Low Telecom Noise
- DIP switch setting will change PWM to “On-Off” battery charging.